05-29-2022 || 00:53
In literature review, one has to read a tens of papers from a unknown field to get an idea. From the software engieer view, read a lot of tutorials/documentations to get an idea of the new technology or framework.
Three pass methods from how-to-read-paper a paper can be integrated during a literature review session.
- Via gogle scholar or any other way find 4-5 papers of your interested topic.
- Go through the first pass each of that paper (use 1st pass technique from how-to-read-paper). Get the summary of the work, what they are doing.
- Read their related section
- if you can find a survey paper, read ONLY that
- if not, find some common cited paper or common researchers. They are key papers or key researchers.
- Go to the key researchers profile, find out where they publish currently. These are key conferences.
- Go to the key conferences and go through the recent publications to find out your related work.
- Read the found paper on the step 4 from the last step + key papers you found on step 2.