07-15-2022 || 00:01
In the neural layer with a weight and bias is simply can be defined as,
y = Wx + b
Why do we use an activation function
Without the activation function, no matter how much layers we add, indeed all are just a linear regression model and fails to learn complex patterns. In deep learning, non-linear activation functions are mostly use as without the non-linearity all the layer becomes one single linear layer after summing up.
Non-Linear Activation Functions
- What, Why and Which?? Activation Functions
- Fundamentals of Deep Learning – Activation Functions and When to Use Them?
- Everything you need to know about “Activation Functions” in Deep learning models
- Activation Functions in Neural Networks
- Activation Functions Explained - GELU, SELU, ELU, ReLU and more
- How Activation Functions Work in Deep Learning
- Which activation function suits better to your Deep Learning scenario?